How to use this site:
As a member of our community, you will have access to X lessons on managing and styling curly hair. To make things simple, we divide African American and Biracial hair into three categories; wavy, curly and kinky.
We suggest you begin by watching the lessons that were created for your daughter’s hair type. Once you’ve master that hair type feel free to browse the other videos for more tips and styles.
Don’t know your daughter’s hair type?
- Use the photos of our three models to determine your daughters hair type.
- Use the photos of wavy, curly and kinky hair to determine your daughters hair type.
- Use the descriptions of wavy, curly and kinky hair as a guide to choosing the hair type that looks MOST like your daughter’s hair.
- Take a look at our photo gallery for more examples of wavy, curly and kinky
- or email us a 2-3 photos of your daughter’s hair and we will let you know her hair type.
Now you got it!!! Once you have chosen your daughter’s hair type:
- click the link for that hair type at the top of the page, and you will be directed to the video lessons for your daughter’s hair type.
Remember, once you are a part of our community, you have access to all the lessons for all hair types.
(add 3 photos)
If your daughter has wavy hair, her hair can be fine, thick, or coarse. Her curls look like a loose and or less defined S-pattern. Her hair is often frizzy. If her hair is long it lays flat and close to her head. Her hair is easier to detangle because the curl is normally the loosest of all of the 3 curl patterns. Be careful not to put too much product in the hair when it is wet or dry; this hair has a tendency to get ‘weighed down.’
If your daughter’s hair curls resembles a tighter and defined “S” pattern, then she’s a curly girl. Your daughter’s hair is very loopy, springy and ranges from a fine to dense texture. Her hair is easier to detangle when wet. Also, when wet, the curls are more elongated but shrink up a bit when the hair is dry. This type of hair absorbs moisture easier.
If your daughter’s hair resembles a tight “S”-pattern to a tightly coiled zig zag or “Z” pattern or coil, her hair is kinky. Her hair could be fine and or coarse. When wet, her hair stretches more and is easier to detangle at this stage. Her hair will have a tendency to retract and look very tightly packed to her head when it is dry. Also when it is dry, her hair will sometimes require some moisture. It may feel very soft but give an appearance that it is dry.